Weigh-In Wednesday Week 4 | Costco Favorites

If you are new to Weigh-In Wednesday, WELCOME!  We are so glad you are here.  We are just getting started around here {our 4th week}.  So hope you will jump right in,  join the conversation & LinkUp….

First for a little blog business:  I purchased a domain for my blog….  Check out the URL ~ ⬆.  No more JustForClicksBlog{dot}blogspot{dot}com!  ugh.  Too long.  Though I had held hopes that I could get ahold of JustForClicks{dot}com as it’s currently up for auction…..  No such luck.  After some research I discovered it would run upwards of at least $2500.  Um, no.  SO we are now parked at JustForClicksBlog{dot}com.  And that cost me less than $25.  Much better bargain, don’t-ya-think?
On with the show:  This past week found a balance of the indulgent mixed in with the healthy.  I think a holiday weekend screams FOOD….  and usually not just fruits and veggies.  But I did enjoy walks with my family and especially loved the extra time “off”…. especially since we were all hit with the back-to-school-sick-bugs.
Last week we talked about getting started—>>  How to Get Back on Track.  One of the best ways to do that is by cleaning out the junk from our pantry, fridge and freezers…..  And replacing it with healthy choices.
One of my favorite places to stock up is Costco:
  • We go through a TON of their strawberries and blueberries.  They make great additions to cereal for breakfast, a quick fruit salad, and a healthy dessert option (over a Vitamuffin or Skinny Cow sandwich) topped with whipped cream.
  • My friend Aggie got me hooked on their chicken sausages.  What a quick and easy dinner idea to have on hand.  I will sometimes make eggs and serve these — Breakfast for Dinner…..  and thanks to Aggie, I will sauté or broil them in a pan with bell peppers.
  • I like to buy their large packages of organic chicken breasts for everything from soups and stews to grilled chicken to casseroles to stir-fry.
  • Always keep their carrots on hand for a quick snack and to pack in my kiddos’ lunches.
  • Their spinach:  great topper for sandwiches, base for salads…..  and I always add a large handful to our smoothies.
  • If you haven’t tried their Spinach Dip…  You must!  Then thank me.  YUM-O.  All-natural and made with greek yogurt.  SO good!!!
  • The Pita Chips and The Pretzel Crisps….  gotta watch portion control on these guys.  Delish!
  • When I am too lazy or don’t have avocados on hand:  This is my go-to guac.
  • With 6 peppers to a pack, I grab these every time:  Snacks, Stir-Fry, etc.
  • This salsa is just hands-down the best.  You will always find this in my fridge!
  • Organic eggs….  When life gets busy, we tend to have breakfast for dinner at least once a week.  I also like to have hardboiled eggs in the fridge…..
So I’ve got to ask:
What are YOUR Costco/WareHouse Faves?

Now, it’s YOUR turn!
Please remember to link back to https://justforclicksblog.com
OR just grab the WIW button above and add to your post!
Let us know how you did with your healthy eating and exercise goals this week AND what your goals are for the coming week.
Share your favorite recipes, tips & tricks, workouts, workout wear, etc….
Anything to help us to live healthy!
Don’t blog?  Join us by sharing your Weigh~In via the comments!

Looking for encouragement and accountability throughout the week?
Join our Weigh-In Wednesday FaceBook Group.
We are 85 women strong!
Let’s connect!
“Like” the Just For Clicks FaceBook Page
Follow Just For Clicks on Twitter

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+LinkedIn

Comments

1. Kim | Just For Clicks Blog says:

Unfortunately, I’m up two pounds this week (after a great week of being down almost 2 last week)…. But it’s to be expected with the holiday indulging! :-) Back on track and extra diligence this week will take care of that. Looking forward to walking in the beautiful fall-like weather, going to the community center a couple times for cardio and weights, and eating as clean as possible. Oh and water… drinking LOTS of water. Thanks everyone for being a part of this community!!!! Love the accountability and encouragement!!!

2. Thanks for the reminder, Kim, to clean out the junk. Unfortunately my daughter loves chips, and we have lots left over from our Labor Day cookout. But I’m planning on avoiding them. I did stock up on lots of fresh produce and will emphasize them this week. Also am back to the Y for workouts since it’s back open. I’m with you on the weight gain for the week. Last week I had lost 3, and this week they’re back on. Cookouts and eating out aren’t good for me. But I am encouraged to start again this week. Have a great week, everyone!
    Linda

• Kim | Just For Clicks Blog says:

Oh man! There are chips in my pantry now too leftover from the weekend. Let’s fight them together Linda! :-)

3. Debbie Petras says:

I love Costco! I also buy their fresh blueberries and strawberries. The peppers are something I recently purchased and love the red, yellow and orange variety. I also buy their English cucumbers, set of three. I make a Greek salad recipe each week but don’t add any dressing. Instead, I add just a little bit of low calories dressing when I spoon out a serving. I will check out a few of the items you mentioned including those chicken sausages.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

• Kim | Just For Clicks Blog says:

I JUST tried the English Cucumbers last week too…. ended up taking them to a picnic with other veggies and dip. LOVE your recipe idea though. They were so good. Will need to go back and get more.

4. My weight is back on too! I am pretty sure I owe this to wine and cheese (and a crazy scale that shows me a different number each time I get on it)!
    I am just praying that if I get rid of the cheese and wine again, the scale will go down because I have really been doing well. I am back to Zumba, have taken some great walks and hikes, and have not had any grains or sugar for I think 3 weeks now.
    Leslie

• Kim | Just For Clicks Blog says:

Leslie, I agree –> The wine adds up doesn’t it? ugh! Good for you to take a break from the wine and cheese & add the exercise…. You’ve got this. That scale will show the correct number next week! :-)

5. Liane Radford says:

I’m checking in today. My scale is at home and I am not. I know after a month of Whole 30, I’ve lost just a little over 10 lbs. Hubs and I are continuing eating the same way. I just feel better without the junk, carbs, etc. He’s lost quite a bit of weight as well. Darn men! His pants would literally fall off of him if not for a belt to hold them up! The one adjustment is I am having So Delicious Coconut milk in my coffee. I know it has some sugar but I need something to keep me going so I don’t feel deprived.

We had my son and his girlfriend visiting over the week-end. I bought some snacks for them since we have NO junk left at our house. After they left, I got rid of it all. Just couldn’t have it calling to me every time I opened the pantry door.

I have got to get a blog post up next week to talk about what we actually do eat. Have a great week everyone!

• Kim | Just For Clicks Blog says:

Liane, SO happy for you!!!! Very proud of you for getting the junk out. Cannot wait to read about your Whole 30 journey.

6. I love all that you bring home from Costco! I’m also a fave of the cucumbers! The sugar snap peas are so good to munch on with hummus or ranch. Also I usually bring home some frozen wild fish of some sort. Those chicken sausages come in so handy don’t they? Try roasting them (sliced thick) with sweet potato, peppers & red onion tossed in a little maple syrup (recipe on my blog), such a good easy healthy dinner.

The holidays are always hard – you stayed active! We grilled out and ate veggies on side & baked chips, it’s an effort that’s for sure. Having junk in the house is not an option (no self control!!)