Weigh-In Wednesday Week #12 | Savor the Season Challenge

Welcome to Weigh~In Wednesday! If you are new, WELCOME!!!
Each week we “weigh~in” on how we have been doing on our goals {body, mind, and soul}.
We focus not just on our bodies through healthy eating and exercise,
but also goals to engage our minds and to influence our souls in our Christian Faith Walk.
You can share in the comments below AND Bloggers you can LinkUp your posts below.

So at first glance today’s post may seem to contradict last week’s I-Love-My-Body post.  But bear with me, because it truly does not….  While I am truly content with my size, I know that if left to my own flesh desires, my size would grow even further.  My current size is really my max size for my body frame.  I’m sure we all have that ceiling size…  the size we know our body should not exceed.

The truth of the matter is, I’m not eating as well as I should.  Nor am I making exercise a priority.  And while I’m pouring out the junk….  I’m not sleeping well, which leads to me not waking for Quiet Times.  And the list goes on.  With all that outta whack, I’m not feeling super successful at the moment.

As I shared in our Weigh-In Wednesday Facebook Group, this all led to an idea…..  with three weeks until Thanksgiving…..  let’s do a CHALLENGE for ourselves!

SAVOR THE SEASON

Challenge Details:

• With the upcoming holiday season of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s, take stock of how you stand today.  Look at your whole self ~ body, mind and soul and evaluate how you are doing today.  Are you at your best?  What improvements can you make going into this extra busy season that will allow you to be your best and to keep your focus on the true meaning of the season?
  • Select a few key areas to focus on…..  Perhaps 3-5 goals…. BE REALISTIC!!!!
  • Today, write out your goals –> Share them in the comments {to the extent you feel comfortable}.
  • The Savor the Season Challenge will run Friday November 1st thru Friday November 22nd.
  • Challenge Verse:  ”Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5 NLT

Based on the response from the FB group, it sounds like we are all ready to go…  So looking forward to a great month!

A few parting thoughts…..

• Preparing My Heart for Advent is a wonderful study that takes you from November 1st – 30th and then gives devotions for December through New Year.
  • This is a beautiful season as long as we focus on the True Meaning.  If we allow ourselves to be overrun with busyness, it can be a dark season.
  • We are not who the scale or a size tells us we are.  We are who we are in Christ.  So don’t let your goals be strictly based on weight.  You are so much more!
Now, it’s YOUR turn!

Please remember to link back to http://JustForClicksBlog.com
OR just grab the WIW button code above and add to your post!
What to Link?
Focusing on BODY, MIND, and Soul…
Your story, struggles and successes, healthy recipes, tips & tricks, etc.
Don’t blog?
Join us by sharing your Weigh~In via the comments!
Looking for encouragement and accountability throughout the week?
We are 85 women strong!
Let’s connect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Kim | Just For Clicks says

Goals to be my best self:
    1.) Stay connected to God: Daily Morning Quiet Times, Advent Bible Study, and my Weekly Bible Study Group.
    2.) Using MyFitnessPal, make healthy food choices and make all food decisions in moderation.
    3.) Exercise (walking/cycling/gym) 4-5 times per week.
    4.) Photograph DAILY — Using iPhone or DSLR.
    5.) Stay organized: Daily to-do list | Calendar | etc….. to use time wisely!

• Linda says

Love the post and the idea, Kim. I also would like to check out the seasonal devotional you mentioned. Have a great week!

• says

I too am wanting to check out the devotional and love your list. Also love the idea to have a focused challenge to keep my mind focused and centered on Christ, my health, and what’s truly important in a season where a LOT of distractions seem to pop up. What a fantastic idea!

2. Linda says

Goals for Savor the Season Challenge:
    1. Continue morning quiet time, including more time with my Bible.
    2. Continue using MyFitnessPal, incorporating the food and exercise to feel good.
    3. Do cardio of some type 6 out of 7 days in the week (I typically take Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays off).
    4. Do not eat after the last meal of the day (brush my teeth to help in this).
    5. Start planning a “Pay it Forward” time before the holidays, with my daughter.
    6. Keep up with work deadlines so I don’t get swamped at the end.
    7. Keep in touch with friends better, even if just a short text or email to let them know I’m thinking of them.
    8. Make some holiday gifts and/or crafts with my daughter. This is our last holiday season together before she goes to school next year!
    All right, I’m done; 8 is plenty!

3. Kelly Eaton says

My Goals for this challenge~
    1. Be consistent with tracking food on myfitnesspal
    2. Workout 4-5 times per week. Cardio & Strength
    3. Start getting back into my daily quiet times
    4. Get home ready for Thanksgiving & Christmas
    5. Be more understanding with my family
    6. Remind myself daily how much I am loved & cherished

I’d love to commit to more but I think I better start small :-)

4. Elizabeth Pergande says

I so get the struggles with weight and taking time each day for God! I would love to focus on Advent season and take time for the “reason for the season” and also focus on not gorging out on all the foods that are so tempting. Praise God for friends and family!

5. Liane R says

Kim, the challenge is such a great idea especially at this time of year. Allowing us to focus as we move into the holidays.
    #1- exercise 3 to 4 times a week, in addition to daily walks.
    #2- focus on the positive aspects of the season and savor my time with family (and not focus on negative aspects of life–including all consuming work at the moment)
    #3-savor and enjoy holiday preparations
    #4-focus on healthy eating and stay away from holiday treats

I guess my list may seem like things that should happen naturally but at the moment they don’t. Also I’ve not been exercising at all lately. 3 to 4 times a week may seem small but at this point it is a large, positive step that will also help clear my mind.

6. says

I am three days late due to business and probably a stubborn spirit. I so truly need this accountability bc every week I say it will be different and then I make an excuse and crash and burn.
    1. No critical, negative speech to those I love, including myself.
    2. Begin recording my gifts again and continue my prayer journal.
    3. No gluten, dairy, or alcohol until Thanksgiving.
    4. Ride the exercise bike or walk 4-5 days a week.
    5. Faithfully pray for those God has placed in my life.
    6. Be more intentional with friends.
    5. Memorize my bible study scripture for the week.