Five Faves for Friday

It’s Friday!  So let’s talk Favorites:

1.  I have relied on my Uggs for a few years now.  Relied on them enough that they are on their last legs.  As much as I love how warm they keep me…. With all this snow and ice this season, I decided to try a new boot.  And I now declare these the Best Snow Boots:  Sorel Joan of Arctic.  I’ve been living in them and they still look brand new!  So though Uggs and these Sorel’s are an investment….  it’s one that’s gonna last for many seasons.

sorel2.  In my last Birchbox I received a tube of this Chapstick 8 Hour Moisture Lock.  I have to say I was a little surprised to find ChapStick… until I tried it.  This stuff works!  I use it at night or at times when I’m not wearing lipstick/gloss.  LOVE!

chapstick

3.  My hands are always dry.  But in this weather?  They look and feel awful.  L’Occitane en Provence Shea Butter Hand cream is AMAZING.  It’s won all kinds of awards.  And according to their website, they sell a tube every 5 seconds!  For Christmas I also got the foot cream….  which is equally amazing.

cream4.  The Valley of Vision – Collection of Puritan Prayers - This was a birthday gift, so I’m just now reading through it.  I LOVE this book.  These very old prayers are so beautiful and so applicable to my life today.  A hot cup of coffee or tea and time spent in this book in these prayers is the perfect afternoon refreshment.

51YHX6HE5JL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_

5.  John Boos Maple Cutting Board –  I needed a new cutting board when I read Ree (Pioneer Woman) rave about this one.  She sold me!  And I’m so glad.  This board is HUGE.  So it now has permanent residency on my counter (there is no where to store it).  ***The oil and wax that are also sold with this are MUST buys or the board dries out and will ruin.

boosWhat are some of YOUR favorites this week?

Let’s Connect

Hi there! If you're new to Just for Clicks, I would love for you to subscribe for free email updates below! You can also subscribe via RSS in a reader. We can also connect on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google + or you can !

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Comments

1. Elizabeth Pergande says

Great tips. I love my Joan of Arc Sorel boots and are on my 3rd season with them and they still look new. This winter has put them to the test!! I will look for the puritan prayers book. That looks like a must.
    My book Insanity of God by Nip Ripkin is convicting and I would recommend it as a must read for every christian.

2. Debbie says

I’m loving your Friday Fives posts Kim! I always love to hear about new products or things others have found helpful. I will have to check out that Chapstick. Mine get pretty dry living in the desert of Phoenix. And I love your UGGS!

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

3. Leslie says

I am loving the ELF makeup at Target. It is so inexpensive, yet I have loved everything I’ve tried so far–eyeshadow, blush, highlighter, lip stain, etc. Most items are from $1-$3 so if you don’t like what you got, you aren’t out too much money.
    Something else I love and have already shared with several friends who now feel the same way, is the book Bread and Wine by Shauna Nyquist (sp?). It is book that will make you want to have a bunch of friends over and pour a glass of wine, cook together, and linger at the table for hours just talking about life. It is sort of like a cook book because it has a recipe with each chapter, but it is so much more!

• Kim | Just For Clicks says

Revlon and Maybelline also have great shadows…. I use them regularly and they last all day. I think it’s fun to mix in high end makeup with Target finds. Great tip on ELF. Will check it out. YES — Love Bread and Wine… my book club read it last summer!

4. Candy says

So glad you got those boots!! I am in love with mine still. I did put some arch supports in under the liner for times when I am just standing around forever outside (like watching the kid sled after I gave up last week!!). :)

Love the share! Thanks.

5. Liane says

Kim those boots are super cute! I love these Friday posts. It’s a fun way to wind down the week. Have a good week end!

6. Aggie says

I love your list! Those boots look super cute & comfy, my uggs have lasted for years (with obvious delicate wear :) )
    I am going to check out that book! And that hand lotion!